TGS tjener mindre i 2. kvartal i år enn i fjor, men utsiktene er likevel positive for selskapet.
«På tross av utfordringene i markedet har våre kunder vært villige til å støtte kvalitetsprosjekter. Derfor har TGS fått til å øke ordreboken kraftig siden starten av året», sier CEO i TGS Kristian Johansen i en pressemelding:
TGS reported net revenues of USD 108 million in Q2 2017, slightly below Q2 2016 but up 25% from Q1 2017. Strong cash flow from operations of USD 59 million was a significant improvement from USD 9 million in Q2 2016. Quarterly dividend will be maintained at USD 0.15 per share.
2nd Quarter Highlights
- Consolidated net revenues were USD 108 million, slightly below USD 114 million in Q2 2016
- Net late sales totaled USD 79 million, compared to USD 84 million in Q2 2016
- Net pre-funding revenues were USD 27 million (an increase of 3% from Q2 2016), funding 46% of TGS’ operational multi-client investments for the quarter
- Operational multi-client investments were USD 59 million in addition to USD 2 million from risk sharing arrangements
- Operating profit (EBIT) was USD 18 million (17% of net revenues), compared to USD 22 million (19% of net revenues) in Q2 2016
- Cash flow from operations was USD 53 million, a significant improvement from USD 9 million in Q2 2016
- Free cash flow (after multi-client investments) was USD 12 million, compared to negative free cash flow of USD -35 million in Q2 2016
- Cash balance at 30 June 2017 was USD 239 million in addition to the undrawn USD 75 million Revolving Credit Facility
- Earnings per share (fully diluted) were USD 0.09, compared to USD 0.17 in Q2 2016
- Quarterly dividend maintained at USD 0.15 per share
- Financial guidance unchanged from 23 May 2017
- New multi-client investments* of approximately USD 260 million
- Additional multi-client investments expected from sales of existing surveys with risk sharing arrangements
- Pre-funding of new multi-client investments* expected to be approximately 40-45%
*New multi-client investments excluding investments related to surveys with risk sharing arrangements
«Despite the challenging market conditions, customers have, to an increasing extent been willing to support quality project ideas. As such, TGS has been able to increase the order backlog substantially since the beginning of the year. In the 3rd quarter the activity with respect to data acquisition volumes will be at historically high levels and the investment and pre-funding levels are set to increase significantly from the levels experienced so far this year,» TGS’ CEO Kristian Johansen stated.